The boys started school (camp) today! We have been talking about it with them for weeks and they have loved playing with their backpacks and lunchboxes for the last couple of days but we were still pretty nervous to see how it would all go over.
Here they are after packing their backpacks and getting ready to get dressed this morning:
All smiles in the car on the way to school:
Still pretty happy for our first day picture:
We were the first ones to the classroom (on purpose) so we got to meet the teacher, check out the toys, and figure things out. Andrew gripped Roberts hand a little tighter at this point and the water works started as we said our good byes. There were tears from three of us ... Andrew, Daniel, and Robert! I think I was too nervous to cry! haha!
Turns out we left one "ducky" (lovie) at home and that didn't go over the well. I got a call from the Director to bring the other ducky and later found out the poor guys were sharing that one and whoever started crying would hold the ducky. Apparently after I dropped off ducky, everyone was fine and the next two hours went smoothly.
The teachers kept saying how funny they were and that they listened really well. I'm so proud of them and hope we have an even better day on Thursday (I won't forget a ducky this time!!)
As we walked to the car, they kept saying "mama came back for me" ... just like in our book Llama Llama misses mama! :)
Growing up so fast!



0 comments:
Post a Comment