Here is a cute pic from Mother's Day! Andrew on the left and Daniel on the right.
Wow! The last few months have flown by and the boys are 4.5 yrs old!
Disclaimer: I have no idea who reads this other than my immediate family. I don't post links for others to view etc - this is mainly a journal so that I can remember what they were doing at each age.
A few milestones to report:
- Everyone can finally dress themselves (although socks are tricky)
- Everyone will go to the bathroom by themselves and wash their hands (they always COULD ... but now they WILL)
- Both boys are really improving with their reading. We are on the 3rd Bob Book Series and it's amazing how quickly they catch on. Andrew gets a little more frustrated and starts to act silly during reading time but he's definitely getting it. Daniel is laser focused and reads through the books pretty fluidly.
- Both can count to over 100 (they'd keep going forever if you let them) and they can recognize/read all numbers to (and probably over 1000). This makes for very long walks when they want to read EVERY address on EVERY house. Both can count by 5's and 10's to 100 too.
- They are obsessed with classical music. Grandmama Bell introduce them to these classical CDs and combined with their love for Little Einsteins on TV, they are obsessed. They will hear a song on tv, commercial or just randomly sing it and then say "this is number XX on our CD." The CD has 100 songs! I've checked them a few times and they are right. It's crazy. I'm a little tired of classical music but how can you argue when you are driving and your kids are having a conversation about which classical song is their favorite!
-Dinner conversations consist of word problems. Andrew: "Daniel, if I have 9 strawberries and I eat 3, how many do I have left" Daniel: 6. This goes on for our hours with different adding/subtracting numbers and replacing strawberries with everything from food to animals to poop. Lots of poop talk around here ... BOYS!
- Their favorite toys are still matchbox cars and legos. They go through major IPAD phases too, which drives me nuts.
-- After 3 months of swim lessons, we are starting to see progress. The goggles made all the difference. Last week at the pool they were diving for toys at the bottom of the pool and are starting to get more comfortable swimming a couple of feet without us holding on. Hoping to see them continue to improve as they summer goes on. It's only the beginning of June so lots of time to practice!
-- Daniel quotable moment: Today, I had a Dr. appt so my dad stopped by to take the boys to camp. Daniel asked how long they could play before it was time to leave. Dad looked at his watch and said, well it's 8:30 and we need to leave at 8:50 so we have 20 minutes. Daniel runs to the kitchen to check the clock and yells back "No Popsie, it's 8:31, we have 19 minutes to play!"
-- Andrew quotable moment: We were grilling on Sunday night and making burgers. I told Andrew we were making burgers for dinner and he said "I love Hamburgers!" He then goes outside to watch Robert grill and comes back, looking very sad and almost crying and says "they don't look like hamburgers ... there is something missing." I tried to explain they start off red and turn brown etc etc ... he's still very upset. Finally, I figure out, he's upset b/c the burger was missing the bun on the grill!! So cute that he had no idea they were cooked separately :)
-- Did I mention the boys refer to their new (soon to be) sister as Cissie .... it looks like it may stick as they won't agree to any other names at this point.
ps - we are FINALLY over our Frozen obsession ... thank goodness!
Looking forward to a fun summer with a few vacation outings, several different summer camps, and lots of swimming!
0 comments:
Post a Comment