8.19.2015

Vacation!

We went on our first family vacation as a family of 5 to Galveston and had a blast!! It was so nice to be able to pack EVERYTHING we own in two (yes, two) cars and head down for an easy 1 hour drive. 

Here we are literally packing everything you could imagine.... and more:


I brought a whole bucket of toys for Helen but she was very happy with the snacks and box from Costco. She threw these around the room for at least the first three days. She also LOVED the carpet ... poor girl has no carpet at home.

We all enjoyed dining al fresco with quite a view:

Woke up bright and early to hit the beach. Crawling baby that eats everything doesn't mesh that well with sand, sun and sea. So she was confined to the wagon or my arms most of the time.


Makeshift umbrella .... we bought one the next day....


Visiting with friends on the strand. So fun to see them on vaca...


Gorgeous sunsets. I still think the pelicans look like Pterodactyls

Oh look we got an umbrella .... Didn't last long as Helen soon decided to eat the sand.



Loved the Moody Garden Aquarium



Bunkbeds and Ipads (don't tell but it might have been their favorite part of vaca .... on the plus side, they didn't watch any tv)  ;)

 La Kings ... Robert and I were in heaven. Real hot fudge ...

Helen decided she would stop wearing bows now. She prefers to eat them.

Bunk beds make the most fun play areas:

Game room fun. This game is very dangerous at their height

Elevator seat. They loved to guess which elevator was coming first. Pretty sure they would like to move to a high rise permanently.

Bought some seashells... which were much more impressive than the ones found on the beach.
 Popsie and KK came for a visit:


Popsie rinsing off after holding Helen outside of the pool and wondering why he was getting all wet.... Oops, darn swim diapers :)

Helen really found her love for eating on this trip. I've never seen one kid eat so much. ever.


<<<<<>>>>



Oh hey, I was there too! Love my beach bums:

Not exactly the outfit-coordinated family photo on the beach I planned ... but I'll take this any day! Happy pool people and our only family photo.


Fun dinner dive on the pier - tall tables so Helen had to double stack her high chair. She was definitely the classiest person in the restaurant with her seer sucker :)

The boys are becoming good photographers:
 Ocean view dining:

Happy and hungry as can be.

Checking out the fishing pier (Andrew, left and Daniel, right)

A BLUE MOON. Good timing for our last day.
 Family selfie on our last night on the beach, watching the stars and pier lights.


I really didn't imagine that this would be a "vacation" but it really was!!! We loved the togetherness time and just being able to relax with no agenda. Sign us up for next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment