2.01.2011

14 months

Andrew and Daniel turned 14 months just a few days ago! It's hard to believe how fast time is flying ... though I think I wish this past week had flown a little faster. Molars. I barely recognized my children this week or heard so much crying (not sure who was crying more though - them or me!) I think we have turned the corner though as I can see little, tiny white specks where those molars are finally breaking through. Thank you!

So here we are at 14 months:
- Two naps a day (almost 2 hrs each) ... there was a hiccup over the last 2 wks where I thought they were ready to consolidate to one nap. I was wrong. Very wrong!

- They still love to eat everything. Although their secret favorite food is baby food. It's like their guilty pleasure. I resort to this when they are teething and refuse to eat anything. I've loosened up and give them fried foods and sweets too ... I felt bad holding out on them.

- They are really cruising now - walking with their push toys and around all of the furniture. They can both stand unassisted or holding onto anything for about 3 seconds but then they fall on their tush. Perhaps they will be walking in the next two months, preferably NOT when I leave town though.

- Their favorite toys are the rings, which both boys can figure out the stacking order and put them together in about 5 seconds flat. I've started them on puzzles now ... needed a new challenge. They still love the stacking cups. I think they will be very spacial ... as they certainly won't be athletic. Mathletics, possibly? Yes, I was in that.

- They repeat a lot of thing we say and can now accurately use Momma, Daddy, bye bye, Alla (Ellie) and Nana (banana). They can also point to their head, ear, mouth and tongue. No idea whey they can't get nose though!

- Daniel is definitely the little devil of the two - he steals toys and runs away to hide them - then he gives you this adorably sly smile. Andrew is a pleaser ... and kinda momma's boy (I love it!)

Daniel at 14 months:

Andrew at 14 months:
From left: Andrew, Daniel and Ellie trying to make a jail break:
Teething much?
Ellie gives a lot of french kisses around here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment