4.26.2011

Locked Out

On Mon, Tues, Wed I work from home in my bedroom with the door shut - and have a nanny to help with the boys. After their nap, the boys' new MO is to peek under the door, stick their fingers under the door and chant "mama, mama, mama" until I let them come in for a visit. (This is not convenient while on conference calls).

They usually roam around the bedroom, close all the doors and play in the mirror. Then, they shuffle down the hallway to get their snack.

Fast forward to pre-bathtime where I take the boys to their bedroom to change clothes and close all the doors so they don't take detours. At this point Robert realizes the bedroom door is locked, luckily nobody is in the bedroom. I finally figure out that the kids must have triggered the lock earlier in the day and I had not shut the door until that evening.

After the kids go down, we spend 2 hours trying to pick the lock. Bradley drops by to give a try. Fails. Bradley decides he should just knock the door down. Fails and bruises my door. Finally, Paco is called to the rescue at 9:30. He proceeds to dismantle the molding around the door to pop it open.

Morale of the story - make sure you can pick all your locks (ours were installed backwards which is why they didn't work - they have been fixed now).

I think we will deduct $20 from each boy's piggy bank. Just Kidding!

1 comments:

Blogger said...

Find out how THOUSAND of people like YOU are making a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams right NOW.

Get daily ideas and instructions for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.

SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE

Post a Comment