It's been a whirlwind 3 weeks but Helen is the best baby around ... someone knock on some wood. She is so quiet that we ofter after play "where's the baby" .... She pretty much only cries when she's hungry and 90% of the time I have to wake her to feed her so she didn't even get a chance to cry and let me know she was hungry.
She came home from the hospital drinking 2 ounces (in 15 minutes!) and by week three she is consistently drinking 4-5 oz 7 times a day. She's already only waking up once at night. Rockstar baby!!!
I've ditched the breast feeding but surprisingly do have breast milk so I'm pumping and bottle feeding her as it's just so much easier for me and I like knowing how much milk she is receiving.
We headed to our first dr. appt when she was 6 days old and she was already gaining weight back from what she lost at the hospital. I believe she was 6 lbs 4 oz when we left hospital on Friday and then was back to 6 lbs 11 oz by Monday's appt. At three weeks, today, I'm betting she weighs 8 lbs at least.
Her first bath at home ... She LOVES these and I must start working them into our night time schedule but I'm just so tired by 830 to think about giving a bath! That changes tonight though!
A couple of sweet pics when she was 2 wks old:
2.5 wks here with quite the chin and cheeks!
9 days later, we finally got the boys to hold her - Andrew went first:
Then Daniel:
Then one of the two of them together:
Our first family walk .... Robert is taking the picture and Ellie is under the stroller, of course:
Some tummy time ... with thousands of choking hazards around here ... thank goodness she can't crawl yet!
First trip to the park. Helen slept through the whole thing....
First trip with all three in the car. I have surprisingly made it to school on time for the last week and half with all three. Helen is practically a celebrity around there.
Mommy and Helen selfie ...









0 comments:
Post a Comment