10.07.2014

Helen's Arrival

On September 16th at 8:38 am, we welcomed Helen Margaret to our lives. She was born 6 lbs 15 oz and 19 inches long with a very full head of brown hair (with blonde highlights). We made it to our scheduled C-section and everything went like clockwork. To say this birth experience was the OPPOSITE of the boys would be an understatement. 

The C-section was calm and routine ... my blood pressure kept dropping which made me incredibly nauseous and then I may have slightly (understatement again) freaked out (i.e. screaming and crying) that I couldn't breathe ... but apparently that was just the anesthesia playing mind games. 10 min after we got started, I heard our baby crying and I could finally relax. I was shocked she was less than 7 lbs - how could I have gained 35? :) The laid her on me while they finished the surgery and Robert and I enjoyed our first few moments with Helen. 

We spent a couple hours in recovery and then up to our room for the next three days. First picture of Helen:

Helen's first photo on Facebook and official arrival announcement:

First visitors:






The boys came up to visit on day 3 - Thursday. They were pretty excited for a few minutes and we got some adorable pictures. They were definitely overwhelmed by the hospital and all the people in the room though ...


They were super excited for the cupcakes though:


And even more excited about the view from the 12th floor ... what, is there a baby in the room?

Our first family photo ... apparently my face ballooned out from the IV fluids - oh well, the rest of the family looks cute!

My official favorite pic of Helen:

On our way out of the hospital. Clearly much less nervous than the last time we did this almost 5 yrs ago ...



Nonnie and Gramps were our first "at home" visitors. We are loving sharing Helen with all our friends and family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment