I marvel at how moms with toddlers prepare dinner and eat as a family at 6pm. I decided to give it a try tonight and, well, it was an experience!
I finished work at 5, took the boys and ellie for a short wagon ride and then prepared the chicken and broccoli. Meanwhile, the boys ran around the house, emptied toy baskets and basically made a mess of each room ... one by one. However, dinner was served to everyone at 6:15 at the family table (Robert was taking the picture):
Neither kid ate anything I prepared for the "family dinner" so I reluctantly resorted to black beans:
It was nice eating together though. We laughed a lot and deep down I know this is what we should be doing every night - despite the extra planning in advance to get it all together.
It was nice eating together though. We laughed a lot and deep down I know this is what we should be doing every night - despite the extra planning in advance to get it all together.Robert kept asking "what happened here today" as he toured the house once we put the kids to bed ... it's the price you pay for family dinner!
We will try again tomorrow night ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment