7.04.2011

Happy 4th of July!

What a wonderful long weekend! I'm sad it's coming to an end, but luckily I took the rest of the week off of work so I guess it will still continue!

We spent the day at the YMCA pool and both boys were in great moods so we had a blast. We were treated to a 4th of July cookout, and I was so pleased the boys shared this chair and ate their chicken tenders like big boys. They even waved their flags during the Pledge of Allegiance (Daniel, left and Andrew, right):


I finally got a picture of me with the boys (this happens about once every 8 weeks). Shocking that Daniel is smiling but not Andrew:

We spent the afternoon/evening at a friend's party. Andrew enjoyed the slide:

Daniel, left and Andrew, right chilling out on the back porch. Quite patriotic. How do you like our new crocs? ("blue shoooooes, blue shoooooes, blue shoooooes" as the boys refer to them):


This was a new one ... Andrew wasn't interested in eating his dinner, so he chased Daniel around the party and fed him one piece at a time:
Mmmmmm:
Hilarious little guys!

In other random pictures ... they love putting on their "hats"! By "hats" I mean foam circles, buckets, random toys ... basically anything and everything but an actual hat, which I am DYING for them to wear in this 100 + degree heat.

Daniel:

Andrew:

And, finally, I had some sense knocked into me after 5 months of bad naps. I let it go too far - I know - but I always had a good excuse (they are sick, they are teething, they are sick again, they are so cuddly when I get them from their crib after a 30 minute nap ... I could go on). Anyway, 4 days of crying it out and we have hit a 2+ hour nap two days in a row and I'm hoping (praying) it will just get better from here. We saw such a difference in them with the extra sleep - they were PERFECT boys all weekend!

No more cuddling on mommy and falling asleep after screaming bloody murder after being in the crib for only 30 minutes at nap time. This has been replaced (after a successful 2 hour nap) with milk, sofa, and 20 minutes of Sesame Street. They LOVE sesame street. Elmo, Abby, Ernie - big favorites. They lose interest after 20 minutes and start playing with their toys but I find I'm still watching ... whoops!

Post Nap - Sesame Street time (Adi and Adi - as they refer to each other):

Happy Independence Day, from the Bells!

0 comments:

Post a Comment