Since Robert has been working crazy hours, we had a staycation for Spring Break. I took most of the week off and we tried to do fun things around the area that we don't normally do.
In fact, this was our first time to Galveston! I was shocked how pretty and clean it was. We were lucky to play at our friend's beach house and walk straight to the beach from there. It was a gorgeous, cool day:
Daniel really enjoyed finding tons of shells ... and then burying them to find them again.
Andrew loved the sand and eventually the water. He made some drip castles but we decided it looked like seagull poopies :)
After lunch, we headed into town to visit the 150+ yr old Tall Ship Elissa. Pretty amazing this thing still floats - and sails!
We had fun touring ...
.... and pretending to steer:
The day ended with a trip to LaKings for ice cream. Biggest scoops I've ever seen. But, delicious.
Oh, did I mention we are obsessed with the movie Frozen? Luckily, it arrived just in time for our trip so they got to watch it twice in one day.




0 comments:
Post a Comment