Here are Nonnie and Gramps seeing the boys for the first time:
Here is the crew stocking the kitchen:

We had our first pediatrician appointment last Monday (I can't believe it's already Saturday!) The boys did great - their jaundice has subsided (even since the appt I can see the boys coloring has improved even more.) Both boys had gained one ounce since their birth weight, which was great news. Andrew is now 5 lb 10 oz and Daniel is 4 lb 10 oz. I can definitely tell the boys have filled out since Monday as well. They are more alert and taking a lot more food at each feeding. Here are the boys at their first doctor appointment:
Here is Robert taking the boys into the appointment:

Robert was such a rock during this ordeal - I was so nervous about the boys being in a germy doctor's office that I couldn't even remember their names to fill out the paperwork. Robert had to take over .... we also laughed a little when we had to pay 2 co-pays for the appointment ... guess that makes sense but it was a little reality check.
Both of my parents are finally well but Thursday night Robert came down with a 24 hr virus. He got booted to his parents house, our house was sterilized and mom moved in to help for the last 24 hrs (go figure the night nurse had the night off ... begging her to come didn't help either). So, we fed every 3 hrs last night and we are bringing in the reinforcements for today to help with feedings - giving my mom a break and hopefully I'll get one too.
We are holding strong and definitely have a routine going. Unfortunately, there has been no time in the routine for me to talk to or see any friends. Hoping that life normalizes a little more but wondering if this is the new normal...
0 comments:
Post a Comment