I am so thankful that I am so type "A" and had EVERYthing was prepared prior to coming home from the hospital - I'm talking even having the wrapper off the wipeys has been a life saver. There is no way we could do what we are doing now without all of that preparation. I think Robert wishes he had paid more attention to my frequent trips to Babys R Us and Target as he was gone for about 2 hrs yesterday on the quest for necessities that I put together for him. At one point he calls me to tell me about all the "hot chicks" he's picking up in the baby aisle that felt sorry for him as "new dad of twins". I was thrilled he got all of that help and I may send him with a sign around his neck next time to ensure people help him and he can get his butt home faster!
Keep in mind, we were in the hospital for 6 days and came home to no food in the fridge yet Robert's top priority was baby aisles at Target and Babys R Us.... we still haven't been to the grocery store yet.
My parents are still sick and can't come over or help at all. This is truly not how I imagined our first few days at home - I expected fan fare - tons of family around (and a full refrigerator) but in the end this has been a great moment for Robert and I to shine as parents and a married couple. We have really come together to realize we can do it. Yes, help is great, but its important for us to figure out some things on our own and I think in the1.5 days of being home we have proven to ourselves that we are going to be great parents. As you know, there is nothing like having your own mom around - she can think for you when are too tired, she knows how you want the bottles lined up in the cabinet without you having to tell her and she'll make sure you are feeding yourself even while you are feeding the babies. Well, unfortunately, mom isn't around but Mother In Law really stepped in yesterday! Judy was wonderful and brought us snacks and just started making things out of what was left in the refrigerator. She is a great mom and grandma!!! What we need most now is someone to take care of Robert and I as we put everything into the babies. Nonnie and Gramps are on their way in from Waco - after pleas of desperation last night, they ran to the grocery store and will be stocking our fridge by 1230 pm today. Thank goodness!
Our night nurse called at 8 pm and wasn't able to make it last night (we knew this was a possibility) so Robert and I were in triage mode. Running off of very little sleep - we had to get it together to make it through the night with no help or reinforcements. In the end, we were fine. The boys did great - they even got a change of clothes this morning :) I think I got about 4 hrs of sleep broken up over the night, which is manageable.
Was there a game on last night? I think so. I was taking a nap and apparently Robert send out the following pics to a few family members - Notice anything wrong here? Clearly Robert was so tired that he not only got the date wrong - but the game score is wrong too!!!! We are excited that we could have a championship year for the boy's birth year - definitely something to remember. I guess now I have to prepare for Robert to be in California for the championship game... hopefully by then I'll have a routine :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment