Hi everyone!!!
Again thank you soooo much for the emails - I love receiving them even though I can't write back until everyone is sleeping. Wanted to give the latest update before the next feeding which begins in 10 min or whenever the little guys wake up.
Today has been 3000 times better than yesterday and I'm hoping I'm able to say the exact same thing tomorrow night. Last night was my first night on floor 25, which is "recovery".... there were less frequent nurse visits so I actually got some sleep. We decided to keep the babies in the nursery last night and will do the same tonight to ensure we get sleep and increase the speed of my recovery.
I still have a lot of pain but I feel like I'm in the normal realm of pain for C-Section patients so I'm on regular drugs. It took a few tries to find the one that worked but now that we did.... I'm in good shape. I have not had another fever since night 2 but I did find out that my infection is still there so we are working through that - I should know more in the morning. I think they are already treating it correctly with the antibiotic so we are ahead of the game. It looks like Thursday is the first day they'd send me home and I think we'd be ready for that at this point, assuming things continue to go as well as they did today.
The babies came into our room at 7 am and will go back to the nursery around 10 pm this evening. Robert and I are really gettign the hang of this but it is definitely a two person job. My mom came up for about 5 hours while Robert checked on the house, dog, etc and I really put her to work. Since I don't have my milk in yet - this is what my schedule looks like: every three hours -> breast feed for 30 min, bottle feed for 30 min, burp, change diapers (sometimes about 5 get changed during each 3 hr period), pump breast and then put them down for a nap for about 1.5 hrs. Its constant motion but if I"m able to grab a 30 min nap and eat while they are napping I find that I'm staying in pretty good shape. Of course I'm sure it will be different when they don't go to the nursery all evening once we are home and miraculously come back to me in the am!
Oh, my night nurse FINALLY called me back as I have been calling her for 3 days to discuss her start date. She was on her way to the dentist to get her wisdom teeth pulled - would you believe!! I'm slightly freaking out but Robert assures me we can handle it for a night or two if needed. eek!
I posted a couple more pics to facebook but will send out a big photo album once we get home. I should know more tomorrow when my blood work comes back but I think that is the only thing that may hold me at the hospital past Thursday so cross your fingers!
Ok, time to start the feeding process! Looking forward to talking to everyone soon and introducing the MOST adorable babies in the world. Did I mention they look more and more alike every day - I thought it was supposed to work the opposite! They are just too cute for words.
Love
Jill
Our first family photo:
Brotherly love (Daniel-left; Andrew - Right)
Holding my babies for probably the second time: (Daniel- right; Andrew - left)
0 comments:
Post a Comment