12.10.2009

Day 6 - December 4

Hi Everyone! I'm so exhausted but I"m choosing to write this email over sleeping which I will probably regret in the morning but I have so much to share!

Unfortunately, still no news on my blood results - awesome, right? Have you seen that Friends episode where Jennifer Aniston is in labor and she's in that room watching all these women cycle in and out of the hospital while she still labors ... thats how I feel. Nurses walk in and say "you are still here!" I have had about 3 neighbors since we got up on floor 25.

Anyway yesterday was a huge turning point for me physically and psychologically. The pediatrician had great news - the boys Photo Therapy worked great and we shouldn't have to worry about jaundice anymore. They are also really great eaters and have started gaining weight. Andrew weighs 5 lb 5 oz and Daniel 4 lbs and 7.5oz which we are happy about! My doctor hinted that we could leave by Saturday but he really won't know until the blood works comes in today. Hopefully that is the only thing holding us back at this point.

I felt great yesterday from about 7 am all through the day. I still feel good and we were up to midnight last night trying to feed/soothe babinos. Got Milk?! I DO!!! Around 630 am yesterday, I was pumping and something came out! I literally started screaming, woke Robert up and we both did a happy dance! I think that I was proabably more upset about not having milk yet then I realized! So we pretty much fed the boys breast milk all day with one formula supplement at 8 am and one at midnight. They also had formula all night in the nursery. Definitely progress! I don't have much yet but I'm confident now that it will come and this will work!

I had my first non-family/ non-rabbi visitor today (thanks Nicole) plus Roberts parents were up here for a couple hours and Steph came up at night. So, 3 visitors and enough energy to be with them and care of the babies was a good sign that things are looking up!

Ok, this is kinda funny - listen to all these things that happened yesterday and somehow Robert and I were laughing hysterically last night about all of it. I'm not even stressed about it which is soooo unlike me! You can plan and plan all you like but when the time comes you really have no control. So, as we hope to move back home this weekend (cross your fingers) - we face the following problems.

1) My night nurse STILL has not called me back. I'm beginning to lose hope that she will show up. Today, I will start researching alternatives in all my free time (ideas, anyone?? would love some help here!)
2) The nanny/housekeeper that I hired for 2 days a week called to say that she tore her shoulder and will be having surgery and will be out for 6 wks.
3) My mom has a terrible cold now and I probably won't see her for at least a week.

So, in a matter of a few minutes, I learned that my biggest planned helpers are not available. Luckily, Gloria (nanny/housekeeper) isn't having the surgery until January so I have a few weeks to find a replacement and we have plenty of friends and family (hint hint) that I'm sure will help out, especially till my mom gets back on her feet.

Oh, the hilarious thing that happened was around 3 yesterday when the insurance case worker walks in to tell us that the boys are medically ok to be released from the hospital so the hospital is going to discharge them. Uh, really!? You are going to discharge my babies but not me?! Are they going to take a cab home or something? She tried to convince me that they could stay in my room but we would have no nursing help with them and they couldn't go to the nursery at night (which I really believe has been key to my recovery that I'm getting SOME sleep at night!) We threw a fit though and I dont' think the boys will be discharged yet. Will be interesting though if I end up staying here for several more nights...

I guess thats the update for today - all in all, we did great yesterday. Robert and I handled the boys beautifully and we are getting the hang of it. We finally had lots and lots of cuddle time. I really think Robert is jealous that he can't breastfeed. There is nothing cuter than the boys falling asleep all curled up in bed with me on my tummy. Hopefully, we can recreate this for Robert when we go home and he actually has a bed. I wonder where Ellie will fit into the picture :)

Looks like we are due for a big snow today - wish we were home to enjoy it as a family but the good news is I should be feeling REALLY good by the time we get out of here.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and hook 'em horns!!! All our longhorn gear for the boys is at home :(

Love
Jill

0 comments:

Post a Comment