12.10.2009

November 28, 2009 - The boys arrive!

Welcome to Andrew Isaac (5 lb 9 oz; 19 in long) and Daniel Harrison (4 lbs 9 oz; 18.5 in long) who arrived at 10:15 and 10:17 pm on November 28, 2009.... 1 hr and 45 min shy of my 30th bday! What a wonderful present!

Around 6:30 pm I thought I was having contractions so I called everyone I knew who'd had a baby recently to get their opinion ... finally the consensus was to head to the hospital as a "trial run" around 8:00. Robert and I felt strongly we'd be coming back home that night so we just threw a few things in a bag and left the house. After arriving at the hospital at 8:30, we discovered contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and the babies were coming! Dr. Carpenter was called and less than 2 hrs later ... the boys arrived!

All of the family was in the waiting room (they responded quickly - unfortunately Bradley and Steph missed the end of their movie) and everyone got to visit the boys at Texas Childrens where they spent one night before heading to the normal nursery.

Here are the first few pics of Andrew and Daniel in the delivery room:


0 comments:

Post a Comment