12.10.2009

Day 7 - December 5, 2009

Great News! The hospital finally let us leave! We got home at about 5 pm yesterday. Luckily, the blizzard had passed at that point and since most people got off work early to avoid the storm - we had an easy ride home. We were able to find a night nurse who I had spoken to originally and she turned out to be fabulous. I learned so much in one night - I can't even tell you. We hired her and she will be with us for the next few weeks. Robert finally got his first night of uninterrupted sleep in one week (except when he had to get my pain pills from the kitchen at 430 am). I continued to wake up every three hours to pump but fell right back asleep.

I spent about an hour this morning with the night nurse soaking up information and actually feel a little bit prepared to take on this challenge of being a Mommy to twins! She is so calm and and peaceful which makes the babies the same way so I really need to figure out how to display that attitude as well.

We are on a 3 hr feeding schedule so don't call me at 3, 6, 9, or 12 am or pm b/c I'll be busy :) The boys are really good too - they eat and then fall back asleep until the next feeding.

We are hoping to spend some time getting situated today - need to figure out our routine but I think we'll have things down pat pretty soon.

I feel generally pretty good but I'm sure I'll be exhausted today - for the last week everything I needed was within 5 steps but now I really have to be able to walk around the house, which isn't always possible.

Looking forward to introducing the boys to everyone and hoping we will start having visitors soon!

Hook 'em horns this evening!

Getting ready to head down to the car (nervous wreck about it being freezing and having to drive in the rain):



Robert and the babies:



We made it home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment